Saturday, November 21, 2015

3D Gingerbread House Christmas Decoration


Welcome to KaDoodle Bug Design's Holiday Blog Hop!  We are so excited to have you join us today! At each stop of the hop we hope you will be inspired by the creativity of the design team. 

You should be arriving from Saundra's blog. If you happened across this post out of order, please head to the KaDoodle Bug Design's Blog to start at the beginning of the hop.

For my hop project. I used this super cute "OH Ginger Snaps" file. I knew I was making it from the moment I saw it. I had been hoping Melissa would bring out gingers. She didn't disappoint that's for sure, because look at how adorable this file is!


For the house I used the Cricut House Box from Tags, Boxes, and More 2. I took a square and welded it where the door opening was in Cricut Design Space. I then stretched the front to match the house from the cut file. I then took the window frames and copied and pasted to make 2 more. I took those 2 copies and attached them where I wanted windows on my house. After cutting out all of my pieces with my Cricut Explore. I cut and glued pieces of acetate sheets to the back of the windows, so they would appear real. 

You can put a tealight candle through the bottom. This will light up your decoration. And this is my intended plan.


YouTube Trailer

I made this 3D Gingerbread House Christmas Decoration with Tear Bear Gingers.

I made these gingers with mulberry paper and fluffed them so they would be all furry.

And then... I decorated everything using The Sugarplums Collection by Doodlebug Design. I used their super cute cardstock for the house and all of the accessories. As well as the velvet door and the sparkling Sprinkles.

I got the white snow look using shaved ice by Stampendous. I placed some glue where I wanted snow and pinched flakes down onto the glue and then shook off the excess.

Other supplies include: Scissors, Fabri Tac, various colorbox inks and Peebles Chalk.

This house measures approximately 4 inches.




BLOG CANDY: Follow this blog and comment below to win the pictured: GINGER GIRL TEAR BEAR. (Winner will be announced here on the blog November 24, Be sure to check back.)

Now for the Blog Hop Prize! 

8 FILES, that's right every new file used in this hop today!

What do you need to do to be eligible for this amazing prize?
1.  Become a follower of each blog in the hop. 
2.  Leave some comment love at each stop.  You can do so until midnight on Sunday, November 22 MST to be eligible for the prizes.
3. Be sure you "Like" KaDoodle Bug Design Facebook Fanpage
4.  If you do all of the above, check back at the KBD Fanpage for the winner on Tuesday, November 24th 

Here is the complete blog hop lineup: