Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pumpkin Tear Bear Card



I made the card base in Cricut Design Space and cut it out with my Cricut Explore. It was super easy. 

I took a square from basic shapes and made it 4x4.5, I then copied and pasted, so I'd have another identical square. I overlapped them a little and welded to make it all one large rectangle. I then brought in a score line, also from basic shapes. Added it in the center and pressed attatched and then cut. I used Recollections craft cardstock for my base.

I then made a 4x4.5 square and a small 1 1/2 x4 rectangle. I cut these out with two different patterned cardstock papers from Doodlebug Design. 

I then used Basic Cricut Fonts and made my title in Design Space. I used my black cricut pen in my Cricut Explore pen holder and then cut it out.

I chalked all of this with Colorbox Chalk in Burnt Sienna. And then I glued it all down to my base saving room for my pumpkin tear bear. I added a super cute pop up sticker, also from Doodlebug Design and the perfect match for my Doodlebug Pumpkin Paper.

I found the pattern for my tear bear at Kadoodle Bug Designs. I just can get enough of the cute KBD patterns. I uploaded the pattern to Cricut Design Space and cut it out with my Cricut Explore.

I took this pattern and used a tracing tool to trace it all in the back of thick 150+gsm Orange Mulberry Paper. I then took my scissors and cut out each piece leaving about 1/4 inches around my trace marks to tare out my pieces. 

I hand tore out each piece and then flipped the pieces face down and took a wire brush to them. Making sure it was all dry I chalked all edges in Colorbox Chalk Burnt Sienna.

I then assembled my bear using Fabri Tac, which is my go to glue. I did the face and added the pumpkin face to its body. I brushed it all again with a soft brush and attatched to the card.






Thanks for your visit!

Today this is my post on the Kadoodle Bug Designs Blog here:
http://kadoodlebugdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/10/pumpkin-tear-bear-card.html

and the cute pumpkin tear bear is the weekly giveaway on my Facebook Fanpage, found here:
www.facebook.com/leinzlovetearbears 

This is an entry in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge found here:
http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2015/10/challenge-396-anything-goes.html

QKR Stampede Challenge #162 Halloween

http://qkrstampede.blogspot.com/2015/10/qkr-stampede-challenge-162-halloween.html?m=1